Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Calgary Photographers

In 2009 photography became a serious habit again. Some of that is due to the amazing technology now available. Digital cameras have opened up the creative flood gates, especially my little Pentax K-5.

Still, I keep hearing that a photograph is only as good as it's photographer. I'd have to add that a photographer is as good as their influences. I have been lucky to have found some pretty amazing local photographers through group pages on Flickr, the Calgary Public Library Photography Club, and the Start to Photograph (STP) Meetup group. Some I only know online, these people have Flickr sites I troll on a regular basis, but quite a few I have actually met in person and would consider friends. They are great fun on photo outings and ever eager to share what they've learned.

These are links to web sites of a few of my local influences.

No comments:

Post a Comment