Sunday, January 8, 2012

Project 366. 2012... Week 1


This year I've decided to do something called Project 365, but because this year is a Leap Year I'll have to call it Project 366. The idea of the project is to upload one photo a day for each day of the year. Today is day 8.

I discovered a collage element on my PhotoShop Elements software, so I thought it would be kind of cool to summarize a week's worth of photos. We'll see how long that lasts. Probably not as long as the Project 366.

Click on the "Day" heading to see the photo, large.

Any who... this week:

Day 1 ... January 1:
The Junior Hockey league had an international competition... games held in Calgary and Edmonton. Canada came in third, with Sweden winning over the Russians. January 1st was designated Hockey Day in Calgary.

Day 2 ... January 2:
I hung out with the ducks in Prince's Island Park.

Day 3 ... January 3:
I grabbed a shot of St. Vladimir's Ukrainian Church glowing at sunset on the way to work.

Day 4 ... January 4:
The best shot of the day was Kit sitting in the kitchen window, enjoying the Chinook wind.

Day 5 ... January 5:
Someone decorated one of the benches by the library's +15 entrance with an afghan. The play, called "The Eviction of Stuart Block" is part of the High Performance Rodeo, a festival of the arts happening throughout January.

Day 6 ... January 6:
The yarn art installation at the downtown Central Library was still there, probably because it was attached by plastic ties to the bench. I don't know the story behind it.

Day 7 ... January 7:

Is a shot of a hoop dancer and an older lady dancing and staring in awe. Loved the expression on her face.

Both were at the Snowblower Party held in Olympic Plaza as part of the High Performance Rodeo International Festival of the Arts. Thanks Kalpesh for helping me with setting up my camera for the hoop dancer shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment