Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Project 366, 2012 ... Week 7




Day 43... February 12:

Pictures of People... While waiting for the C-Train that would take me to the next STP meetup, I noticed how the building across the street made picture frames around myself and the couple waiting next to me. Then this kid stopped in front to lean against the building. I moved way back, so the couple wouldn't see me and started taking shots. The kid spotted me and moved away to help create this photo of the day. I deliberately wanted myself in the photo, because as I was shooting Jack Johnson's song "Pictures of People Taking Pictures" was playing in my head.

Day 44... February 13:

Surprise Snow Storm... There were other, sharper photos of this fellow, but this one, with slight motion blur, seemed to best captured the unsettled feeling of today's sudden snow storm.

Day 45... February 14:

Time Out... Bypassing the whole Valentine's Day thing (it's a Capitalistic Ploy to make single people feel bad, I'm sure), plus feeling a little stressed from the week, I opted for simplicity and the first thing that grabbed my eye in my apartment, again.

Day 46... February 15:

Chillin'... Saw this guy dressed in shorts and a poncho at the SAIT C-Train platform the week before, but my train came too soon to take the shot. Saw him again tonight after photo class and caught him.

Day 47... February 16:

Hand Drawn... Even though the sun was shining and the wind was low, I didn't feel like leaving my apartment. Spent most of the day capturing the sun as it traveled around the place. Then I played with effects.

Day 48... February 17:

Big Yellow Chair... Another shot from a C-Train platform with the train arriving. The yellow was a Photoshop technique I learned last summer at SAIT's Fast Track Photography Certificate program.

Day 49... February 18:

Go Flames... Wandering around downtown looking for the photo of the day, found this one on my way home.





No comments:

Post a Comment