Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pride Calgary 2012 - pridefull statue

Another big event this week was the Pride Calgary Parade. Again, I followed it from Olympic Plaza, down Stephen Avenue, to Shaw Millennium Park. Again, many awesome people were there to take photos of.

Pride is my favorite parade to photograph, because of it's "any love is good love" positive vibrations.

This year the parade Marshall was Carole Pope, of the '80s rock band Rough Trade. Premier Allison Redford was supposed to open the festivities, but was really late. I was there until almost 3:00 and didn't see her. According to CBC Radio One, participants considered her a non-event, with one saying her speech was just "baby kissing."

On the way home I decorated various statues with garlands I bought at the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment