Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Million Things in Calgary


Yesterday, there were a million things going on in Calgary.  It started in the early morning (as I was watering my community garden plot) with a chat with an artist friend who has been commissioned to create a collaborative mural downtown.  He's going to let me be their documentary photographer.  Then I rushed downtown and managed to do a CPL Photo Club walkabout.  I caught bits of Fiestaval, Rock the Walk in East VillageMarket Collective at the Mewata Armory, the Parade of Chariots at Shaw Millennium Park, and everything in between. Met some other photographers, some new ... hey, Photo to Brew Meetup crew!... and some I hadn't seen for a while.  It made for a very cool day.




Small portions of several murals painted on the 4th Street flyover pillars, along the river bike path in East Village.


A devout worshiper participating in the Parade of Chariots festival on Stephen Avenue. 


A shopper at the Rock the Walk festival in East Village.




Dancers and a rainbow diablo at Fiestaval.

No comments:

Post a Comment