Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tsuu T'ina Powwow 2013

Tsuu T'ina Powwow 2013 by Wanderfull1
Tsuu T'ina Powwow 2013, a photo by Wanderfull1 on Flickr.
Went to my first real powwow... the annual Tsuu T'ina Powwow and Rodeo near Bragg Creek... and it was huge! Tents and RVs everywhere, tons of vendors, and food... and friendly people. I didn't see the rodeo, but the dancing was amazing. What was just as fun was the kids playing around the dancers.  Here I've caught a girl walking her elephant.

At the end of the evening they had fireworks equal to the ones I saw on Canada Day.  The powwow runs for three days, starting July 26 to July 28.

I wasn't sure how much I would be allowed to photograph, so I took my point and shoot, maxing out the optical zoom on many of these shots.  They're not as sharp as I'd like. Some look like I overdid the noise reduction in PhotoShop (I didn't). Still, I was able to get the shots I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment