Sunday, September 21, 2014

Taking Back the Night, Nuit Blanche, People's Climate March & a Tesla car

Another exhausting weekend jam packed with photo-ops.  Too tired to write a full blog, but here are links to the photos I uploaded to Flickr:


A cool thing I will add is this:


I never thought I'd ever see one of these.  It's a Tesla electric car and apparently there are 30 of them in Alberta.  There were four of them on Stephen Avenue today, along with a Porsche, a couple Nissans, and a truck; all electric displayed by the Electric Vehicle Association of Alberta.

The Tesla motor is about the size of a big watermelon and sits behind the rear wheels. The battery was described as a "big skateboard" and is the base of the body. The body is made of aluminum. 

Depending on the power of the engine, a Tesla can cost up to $100,000. At one time that is how much a new digital DSLR camera cost.  I can wait for Tesla.

No comments:

Post a Comment