Friday, April 17, 2015

Parade of Wonders 2015 - Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo



This is Groot from the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo's 3rd Parade of Wonders. My first parade I've photographed. I had to work during the other two.

It was tough narrowing my uploads down to these shots. I bombed my Flickr site with over 40 photos. There were so many excellent costumes. While I'm not a fan of the Expo (see past frustrated postings), I do love it when people get the costumes out and have a whole lotta fun.

Mayor Nenshi started the parade. Sprinkled with the costumers were several celebrities. I didn't know most of them except for the couple Star Trek actors. Didn't recognize Kristy Swanson, the first Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but then it's been 23 years since the movie. Some of the paraders were abnormally beautiful or handsome, so I suspect there were some models or actors marching in the parade along with regular people releasing their inner geek.


I used the Pentax K-3, mostly the TAv setting.  Edited with PhotoShop CS5, Nik, and Perfectly Clear software.  Click on the photos to get a larger image.






This little guy came at me for a high-five faster than my camera could auto-focus.  Still, I really liked the shot, so I changed it into a comic using PhotoShop.







Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment