Thursday, June 25, 2015

Getting Better

Last week I did a photo shoot with a coworker who also teaches yoga.  Marie asked if I would do some promo shots for her website.  After not doing any major photography for almost two months I was super keen.  Unfortunately, the body (still recovering from a weird flu/bronchitis/laryngitis thing) was not so much.

Marie had emailed me a bunch of examples of photos she liked.  She wanted a combination of gritty urban and artsy black & white. She also wanted to pose with people rushing past her.  We had a blast figuring out poses on the Peace Bridge and the main stage at Princes Island Park.  Within three hours I was feeling exhausted, but pleased that we had done some good work.  The next day my thighs felt like I had done a boot-camp training session!







Marie was concerned about the darkness around her eyes. "In every photo I'm in I look like I am tired," she said.  "Can you do anything?"

Of course! I said.

After spending too much time fiddling with the healing brush tools, I went on YouTube and found a video that taught me how to use the patch tool and the healing brush tool together. So easy! It even worked on the little stage floorboard impression on her forehead.  Nik software Color Efex Pro 4 fog filter was used to soften the look.


Before editing from RAW


After editing

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment