Saturday, September 12, 2015

Bears, books and fountains


And more fun.

Today people were catching the last bits of summer heat (the temperature was in the upper 20s).  A very good day on the street for shooting bears, fountains, reflections, and people reading.   

These were shot from a window of the bus taking me to Memorial Park.





The Honens Festival & Piano Competition held a free Storytellers concert in Memorial Park. Kids of all sizes paraded their bear friends around the park. Then they settled in to listen to the story Paddington Bear's First Concert as told by Jonathan Love, from the Heebee-jeebees, and played by Pavel Koleshnikov.  

I have to confess that I was mostly there for the teddy bears. I have never read Paddington Bear. Or even seen his films. I grew up with Winnie the Pooh. Paddington is now on my "To Read" list.  Pavel's piano playing, which match the action in the story, was delightful.






  
I found a tiny bit of shade and listened to some of the second concert, which were piano pieces composed by Beethoven and Mendelson. Afterwards I walked home, taking my time of course. Today seemed to be a good day to read outside, because I found a couple of guys to add to my People: Reading series. 

Reading during the last warm days of Fall is like grasping the last pages of a book you can't put down. 





Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment