Saturday, September 12, 2015

Carifest 2015

A bit late, but better than never, here is a little post about Carifest 2015. 

The parade and Sunshine Festival were a bit of let down, considering I was so excited about getting the day off work. I tried to enjoy the events, but unfortunately it had three strikes against it this year.

First the parade shrunk! There were only two costumes this year. They were very beautiful, as usual, but one wonders if this is a portent of problems with the festival. 


Second, except for the group Sykotik, most of the dancers marched down the parade route like it was a funeral procession. I followed the parade, like usual, trying to capture "that moment." Hell, at one point I actually jumped up and down and waved my arms to create a moment, something I learned from my photographer friend Len Chan. But I got a few glares for that. The dancers didn't come alive until they got close to Shaw Millennium Park.



Third, the rainy weather was against it.  Usually the festival is in June, but they changed it to the end of August to avoid rain.  Well, it rains anyway.  In this case it rained the days before the event, so the ground at Shaw Millennium Park were saturated.

So I took what photos I could, but I don't think I did as well as I have for past Carifests.  I have yet to post any to Dropbox for the Carifest people to use.  Here are a few that I posted to my Flickr account.









Links:








No comments:

Post a Comment