Thursday, December 10, 2015

Volunteering

Photography in itself is fun, but nothing beats the rush of taking photos that are helping out a cause or organization that I'm excited about.  If I were independently wealthy I would have a blast doing volunteer photography for more organizations.  Unfortunately, Kit and I gotta eat and have a preference for warm accommodations.

Last week I became a volunteer photographer for the WP Puppet Theatre.  They gave me an assignment to photograph a wooden art model in various areas of the city. I've named the little fella Sam (for Samuel, Samantha, Small Art Model) and took him to the most photographed bridge in Calgary.  Then last Sunday I took him to a winter festival/film event at St Patrick Island Park.





This morning I applied to be a volunteer photographer for next year's Juno Awards, to be held in Calgary at the end of March.  Brandon Wallis, at the National Music Centre, gave me a couple of tips on how to apply and encouragement.  The application form was pretty thorough. They even wanted the URLs to my Twitter and LinkedIn pages.  Getting picked would almost be like being nominated for a Juno! Cross my fingers!

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment