Friday, December 22, 2017

Mindful of the Mood

'Tis the season for the yearly email purge. My email inbox was stuffed with hundreds of helpful hints on improving my photography.

Recently I received one from Improve Photography on how to create Mood. They suggested increasing the contrast, desaturating, and shooting from more dramatic angles. Not really inspiring.

So I consulted the Google and found this really good article by Frank Myrland of Digital Photography School: How to Capture Mood and Atmosphere in Your Photos

My photos seem to be hit and miss when it comes to expressing moods/emotions. It could be why lately I've been feeling a little "meh" about going out and shooting.

The following are some shots from 2017 that kind of work. But I need to be more mindful of the mood, I think. Learn how to create atmosphere.

A goal!

Tough one.

Seek out the mood.

Create atmosphere.

Give it a go.

To enlarge an image, click on the photo.













No comments:

Post a Comment